Orange and Cranberry Iced Tea Punch
This sweet spiced tea has an amazing deep orange colour which sets it apart. The combination of orange and cranberry work so well together, especially around Christmastime! Whip up a big batch and share this with your friends and family.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Christmas in a glass – this was a lovely refreshing drink suitable for entertaining." - Nerine
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes + 15 minutes steeping time + cooling time
Cooking Time 8 minutes
Makes 2 jugs
Can be frozen
You will need:
2 large jugs
- water - 500g
- tea - 4, bags
- cinnamon - 4, quills
- fresh ginger - 4cm piece, peeled and halved
- cloves - 1 tsp, whole
- sugar - 200g
- ice cubes - lots
- cranberry juice - 500g
- orange juice - 500g, fresh
- soda water - 1.25L
- orange - 2, halved and sliced
- apple - 2, red, cored, quartered and sliced
- Add the water (500g), tea bags (4), cinnamon quills (4), peeled and halved ginger (4cm piece) and whole cloves (1 tsp) to the bowl. Program 8 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Allow to steep for 15 minutes then pour the brewed tea out through a strainer, removing any solid items. Return the tea to the bowl.
- Add the sugar (200g) to the bowl. Program 1 minute / Speed 2.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Place ice into two large jugs.
- Divide the cranberry juice (500g), orange juice (500g), tea mixture and sparkling water (1.25L) between the two jugs.
- Garnish with the sliced oranges (2) and sliced apples (2) and serve immediately.