Olive Oil Crackers
These crackers are sure to impress. With such basic flavours they make a great addition to any cheese or dip platter.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I’m so glad you guys asked me to test these. This is an example of a recipe I would look at and say ‘I should try that’ but secretly be afraid of failing so not attempt it... but it was SO easy and totally worth it. I used garlic flavoured oil and oh my goodness! They were super delicious and very addictive, I just couldn’t stop eating them! I don’t see myself ever buying crackers again. Everyone needs to give these a 'crack.'" - Christina
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
*Variation: Can be made without Egg
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Makes 80 crackers
Can be frozen
- bakers flour - 330g, or plain flour
- water - 120g, warm
- olive oil - 60g, flavoured oil is fantastic!
- salt - 1 tsp, plus extra for sprinkling
- egg - 1, beaten (*can be omitted for EF)
- Preheat oven to 180C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Place flour (330g), water (120g), olive oil (60g) and salt (1 tsp) into bowl. Program 2 minutes / Closed Lid / Kneading Function. It will look like little pebbles.
- Remove from bowl and knead with your hand to form a smooth ball of dough.
- Divide into two balls and roll one ball out on the baking mat or tray you will be baking on.
- Roll the dough out into a large rectangle. Roll very thinly. The thinner it is rolled, the crispier the cracker will be.
- Using a pizza cutter or spatula, cut the dough horizontally and vertically to make square or rectangle crackers.
- Repeat for second ball of dough on the other tray.
- Brush with egg (1) lightly and sprinkle with a little extra salt if desired.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, you may need to bake for a little longer to cook the middle crackers. Remove the cooked ones from around the edges and let the middle crackers cook a few minutes extra if needed.
- Place onto a wire cooling rack before storing in an airtight container.