This olive hummus recipe is the brain child of our nephew Sam. We featured this recipe in episode 147 of The 4 Blades podcast where we had our (almost) 9 year old nephew joined us to create a kids dinner party. This was the starter served with some grain free crackers from The On the Road Issue.
Combining the flavours and textures of hummus and tapenade this dip is delicious and as Sam said in the show. “Perfect for nibblies on a Saturday afternoon!”
You can whip this dip up in no time with ingredients that many of us have in the fridge and pantry.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
- garlic cloves - 1, peeled
- chickpeas - 400g tin, drained and rinsed
- lemon - 1/2, juice only
- olives - 60g, black, drained
- olive oil - 25g
- Add the peeled garlic clove (1) to bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add chickpeas (400g tin), lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon), drained black olives (60g) and olive oil (25g). Mix Speed 4 / 30 seconds. Assess texture. This will lead to a slightly chunky dip, which we loved. You can always add a little more oil and process for a longer duration if you prefer your dip to be more smooth.
- Serve with crackers or crudites.