This olive hummus combines the flavours and textures of hummus and tapenade into one dip. Perfect for nibblies with friends on a Saturday afternoon! You can whip this dip up in no time with ingredients that many of us already have in the fridge and pantry.
We featured this recipe in episode 147 of The 4 Blades podcast where we had our (almost) 9 year old nephew joined us to create a kids dinner party. This was the starter served with some grain free crackers from The On the Road Issue.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “This recipe gave a nice twist to the traditional hummus, giving it a bit more flavour variety." - Karissa
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 7 minutes
Serves more than 10
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
- garlic cloves - 1, peeled
- chickpeas - 400g tin, drained and rinsed
- lemon - 1/2, juice only
- olives - 60g, black, drained
- olive oil - 25g
- Serving suggestions:
- crackers - ensure GF if required
- vegetables of choice - to serve
- Add the peeled garlic clove (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the rinsed chickpeas (400g tin), lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon), drained black olives (60g) and olive oil (25g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 30 seconds, then assess the texture. This will lead to a slightly chunky dip, which we loved. You can always add a little more oil and process for a longer duration if you prefer your dip to be more smooth.
- Serve with crackers or crudités.
Make your own!
* Make your own crackers with these recipes:
- The Tea Party Issue - Olive Oil Crackers or Rosemary Crackers
- The Lunchbox Issue - Seeded Crackers (GF)
- The Picnic Issue - Lavosh Yeast Free Crackers, Fig and Olive Crackers or Cheesy Flax Crackers (GF)
- The Party Issue - ‘Free From Lots’ Crackers (GF)
- The Easy Issue - Moroccan Seed Crackers (GF)
- The On the Road Issue - Grain Free Crackers (GF)
- The Packed Lunch Issue - Cheesy Crackers or Seeded Polenta Crackers (GF)
- The Snacks Issue - Parmesan Sesame Crackers (GF) or Carrot and Seed Crackers (GF) or Grain Free Cumin Chickpea Crackers (GF)
- The Herb Garden Bonus Issue - Crunchy Thyme Crackers
- The Readers Issue - 4 Ingredient Cheese Crackers
- The Summer Issue - Lemon Pepper Almond Crackers