Oil of Hooray!
This lovely rich nourishing oil has been shared with us by Bee from Tick of Yum, out of her Scents and Centsability book. We added lavender oil and really loved the feel of it. You'll be surprised how easy it is to make from home!
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes
Makes approx 80ml
- shea butter - 20g
- jojoba oil - 2 tsp
- apricot kernel oil - 50g (or any carrier oil - e.g. sweet almond or avocado oil)
- essential oil - 10-15 drops, your favourite, optional
- Check out the notes on making your own beauty products.
- Place shea butter (20g), jojoba oil (2 tsp) and apricot kernel oil (50g) into the bowl making sure you do not have any of the butter sitting on the blades.
- Cook 8 minutes / 80C / Stirring Speed.
- While it is warming, get your bottle and funnel ready.
- When it has finished cooking, and if you are using essential oil, add it now and stir Speed 1 / 30 seconds.
- Pour the oil gently into the prepared bottle and seal.
To Use: When your body is warm from a shower, bath or spa, rub the oil into the skin. A little goes a LONG way so use sparingly.