Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
A delicious cookie to enjoy served warm from the oven. The smell through your house during the baking process will leave your mouth watering!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Due to the amazing smell coming from the kitchen, these yummy cookies barely made it out of the oven before Miss 9 and Mr 6 demanded one! Mr 5 said they were the best cookies ever." - Sharree
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Makes 25 cookies
Can be frozen
- butter - 100g, cubed and softened
- brown sugar - 50g
- sugar - 50g
- vanilla bean paste - 1 tsp
- cinnamon - 1 tsp, ground
- allspice - 1/4 tsp, ground
- ginger - 1/2 tsp, ground
- egg - 1, large
- self raising flour - 180g
- baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- oats - 120g, rolled
- raisins - 140g
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the softened cubed butter (100g), brown sugar (50g), sugar (50g), vanilla bean paste (1 tsp), ground cinnamon (1 tsp), ground allspice (1/4 tsp) and ground ginger (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 25 seconds, or until lighter and fluffier. Scrape down sides.
- Add the egg (1) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 8 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the self raising flour (180g) and baking powder (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 8 seconds, or until combined.
- Add the rolled oats (120g) and raisins (140g) to the bowl. Mix with a spatula to combine.
- Dollop 25 spoonfuls of mixture onto the prepared tray, leaving space between each one as they will grow in size. Press down on each biscuit with the back of a spoon to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until slightly golden on top.
- Allow to cool on the tray completely before moving to an airtight container.