Nutty Tuna Salad
Super nutritious, but also delicious, this quick and easy nutty tuna salad can be made ahead and served throughout the week.
This recipe was featured in Episode 38 of the podcast.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is a delicious, lovely, light yet filling salad. Great for a hot day." - Bec
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Nuts
Total Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- kale - 80g, flat leaf, deveined
- apple - 160g, green, cored and quartered
- capsicum - 90g, deseeded and in pieces
- tomato - 90g, quartered
- pecans - 80g (*or seeds of choice for NF)
- avocado - 1/2, cubed
- olive oil - 10g
- lemon - 1/2, juice only
- tuna - 2 x 185g tins, drained
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- Add kale (80g), green apple (160g), capsicum (90g), tomato (90g) and pecans (80g) into bowl. Set Speed 4 / 4-6 seconds, measuring cap on. After 1 second, remove the measuring cap and look in the top until you get your preferred salad consistency (it took 6 seconds for us).
- Add avocado (1/2), olive oil (10g), lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon), drained tuna (2 x 185g tins), salt and pepper to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 4 / 4 seconds.
- Serve or refrigerate before packing in your lunchbox.