Nutty Smashed Sprouts with Bacon
This side dish has a great texture to it, and is a great accompaniment to our Hot Christmas Dinner. Super tasty and a great way to get a serve of sprouts.
We featured this recipe in Episode 66 of The 4 Blades podcast – Thermomix Chicken Dinner.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A brussel sprout dish with a coconut note that brings on the comfort factor. Quite creamy and buttery yet it has crunchy bacon and almonds." - Cindy
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- Brussels sprouts - 500g, bottoms cut off and washed
- water - 500g
- almonds - 50g (*omit for NF)
- coconut cream - 100g
- vegetable stock - 1 tsp, paste
- nutmeg - sprinkle
- bacon - 2 rashers, cooked until crispy and chopped up
- Put Brussels sprouts (500g) on the upper tray of the steaming attachment. Fill bowl with water (500g). Program 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Once cooked, empty water from bowl and dry bowl.
- Add almonds (50g) to bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 2 seconds.
- Add steamed sprouts to the bowl. Chop Speed 6 / 1 second.
- Add coconut cream (100g), stock paste (1 tsp), nutmeg (sprinkle) and bacon bits (2 rashers) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 4 / 3 seconds.
- Program 4 minutes / 90C / Reverse+Speed 2.
- Serve warm.