Nut Free Chocolate Granola
Who wouldn’t want chocolate for breakfast? This no-nut granola has been shared with us by Tracey Rubery from The Easy Healthy Way, and it really hits the spot! It beats any processed cereal, is really good for you, and it has chocolate! What more could you want?
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This recipe is choc-full (get it?! Sorry, it had to be done!) of tasty goodness! I love a crunchy granola and you know that there are only good things in this one." - Rach
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 15 minutes
Can be frozen
- coconut oil - 120g
- sea salt - 1/2 tsp
- stevia - 1 Tbsp or adjust to desired sweetness
- cacao powder - 20g, raw
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract or powder
- cinnamon - 1 tsp
- coconut - 40g, chips
- sunflower kernels - 120g
- pepitas - 150g
- puffed millet - 15g, or other puffed grain
- chia seeds - 1 Tbsp
- Preheat your oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add coconut oil (120g), salt (1/2 tsp), stevia (1 Tbsp), cacao (20g), vanilla (1 tsp) and cinnamon (1 tsp) to the bowl. Program 2 minutes / 50C / Speed 3.
- Add the coconut chips (40g), sunflower kernels (120g), pepitas (150g), puffed millet (15g) and chia seeds (1 Tbsp) to the bowl. Combine Reverse+Speed 3 / 20 seconds, or until everything is well coated.
- Spread out on the baking tray and bake for 7 minutes.
- Turn mixture over and bake for another 7 minutes.
- Check to see if it is done. It's ready when it's golden and crunchy, so just make sure it doesn't burn. For an extra crunch, leave it in the oven for a few minutes once you have turned the oven off.
- Serve with organic plain yogurt or milk of choice.
- Store in a glass jar in the fridge.