Jacket potatoes are such a versatile and budget friendly dinner. You can top them with anything you like. We have used fried bacon, cheese, sour cream and spring onions but leftover Tuna and Potato Pie filling or Chilli Con Carne mince are great toppings too! Use whatever is left in the fridge and needs to be used up. This is a good option when your oven is broken (like mine is currently! Eek) and easy for kids to help you with. Serve with salad for a complete meal. - Peta.
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Dairy
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 70 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- potatoes - 4, medium
- water - 1000g, hot
- bacon - 4 rashers, diced and fried in a frying pan
- cheese - 100g, grated (*can choose alternative topping for DF)
- sour cream - 50g, (*can choose alternative topping for DF)
- spring onion - 1, thinly sliced
- Ask an adult to place hot water (1000g) into bowl.
- Place steaming attachment lower dish into place.
- Using a child safe knife or with the help of an adult, cut each potato (4) into quarters, almost the whole way through. Wrap in aluminium foil or leave as is. Place potatoes into steaming attachment. Place lid on top.
- Program 30 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- After 30 minutes, ask an adult to turn the potatoes over. Program 30 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Serve each potato topped with fried bacon, cheese, sour cream and spring onions or toppings of choice.
Note: You may require additional cooking time if your potatoes are larger.