Not Quite White Christmas
This recipe has been shared with us by Bianca Slade from Wholefood Simply. It is a great gift for those who love traditional white Christmas but want a healthier version. You can't go wrong with coconut, nuts and goji berries. Try it! You may like it even more than the traditional version.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A healthier take on a traditional treat, with a lovely nutty taste and the occasional hit of berry." - Fiona
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Total Preparation Time 30 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- desiccated coconut - 80g
- cashew nuts - 160g, raw
- vanilla - 1/2 tsp, extract
- honey - 10g or rice malt syrup
- goji berries - 30g
- pistachios - 35g, shelled
- Add the desiccated coconut (80g) and cashews (160g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 8 / 10 seconds until the mixture resembles a fine crumb. Scrape down sides.
- Add the vanilla extract (1/2 tsp) and honey (10g) to the bowl. Combine Speed 9 / 10 seconds.
- Add the goji berries (30g) and shelled pistachios (35g) to the bowl. Pulse Closed Lid / Turbo / 3-5 x 0.5 second blasts, until roughly chopped and well combined. If crumbly, add additional honey or rice malt syrup until combined.
- Press the mixture into the holes of a mini silicone muffin mould and put it into the fridge for several hours to set. Once set, remove from the moulds and leave in the fridge until you are ready to serve or gift.