Not Quite LCM Bars
Why not try your hand at replicating a store-bought favourite? This popular recipe has been shared with us by Bianca Slade from Wholefood Simply. You can whip them up in no time, making them a great treat for your packed lunch.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Kids have enjoyed them in their lunchbox every day. A great, easy snack for lunchboxes, and you can add lots of extras (100s and 1000s, choc chips, marshmallows etc.) for variety. An awesome treat!" - Claire B.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes + overnight setting time
Cannot be frozen
- tahini paste - 100g, make your own with the Tahini Paste recipe from The Tea Party Issue
- honey - 80g, or rice malt syrup
- vanilla - 1/2 tsp, extract
- salt - pinch
- desiccated coconut - 60g
- puffed rice - 90g (see Note)
- Add the tahini (100g), honey (80g), vanilla (1/2 tsp) and salt (pinch) to the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 7 seconds.
- Add the coconut (60g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 5 seconds.
- Add the puffed rice (90g) to the bowl. Use a spatula to combine the mixture.
- Once combined, press the mixture into a loaf tin lined with baking paper. You may wish to set in muffin cases for individual serves.
- Refrigerate overnight to set then slice.
- Serve and enjoy!
Note: Gluten free puffed rice and cereals such as Rice Bubbles™ have different weights. There should be approximately 2 cups used.