Not Quite Kingstons™
These decadent beauties have been shared with us by Bianca Slade from Wholefood Simply. Using a delicious assortment of natural nuts and sweeteners, they are a healthier choice while still satisfying the urge for a sweet treat.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "The biscuits are nice and crunchy and the chocolate cream is awesome! I ended up with some of the chocolate cream left over, so I added some milk to the jug, heated it and had a yummy hot chocolate." - Anita
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 12 minutes
Can be frozen
- cashew nuts - 150g, dry roasted
- almonds - 85g, dry roasted
- desiccated coconut - 50g
- honey - 20g, or rice malt syrup
- maple syrup - 60g
- almond butter - 20g (make your own with the Almond Cashew Nut Butter recipe from The Easy Issue)
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- salt - pinch
- Chocolate cream:
- chocolate - 50g, 85% dark, melted (*ensure DF if required)
- rice malt syrup - 20g, or honey
- fruit spread - 20g, 100%
- Preheat your oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the cashews (150g), almonds (85g) and coconut (50g) in the bowl. Combine Speed 8 / 10 seconds.
- Add the honey (20g), maple syrup (60g), almond butter (20g), vanilla (1 tsp) and salt (pinch) to the bowl. Combine Speed 8 / 10 seconds. If blades are no longer in contact with the food, stop the motor, scrape down sides and repeat. Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl with a spatula.
- Use your hands, slightly dampened if the mixture is sticky, to shape the mixture into 16 even sized balls.
- Place the balls on the tray and gently flatten. Bake the biscuits for 12 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before gently transferring them to a wire cooling rack.
- Add the chocolate (50g) to the bowl. Grate Speed 8 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides if required.
- Add honey (20g) and fruit spread (20g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 50C / Speed 2.5.
- Dollop an even amount of the chocolate cream onto the centre of 8 of the biscuits. Top each one with another biscuit and gently press down.
- Place the biscuits into the fridge to set and to store.
- Serve. Eat. Enjoy.