No-Egg Raisin Loaf
This is the perfect recipe to whip up when you receive a phone call to say friends will be popping over in 30 minutes. You open the fridge and realise you are out of eggs. Isn't that always the way? Serve this loaf with lashings of butter, and you have yourself a delicious afternoon treat.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This loaf is nice and easy to make, and you'd never know it didn't have egg in it. We all really enjoyed it, especially while it was still warm." - Anita
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 12 minutes + cooling time
Cooking Time 30-40 minutes
Makes 1 loaf
Can be frozen
- butter - 30g (*use coconut oil for DF), or coconut oil
- brown sugar - 100g
- cinnamon - 2 tsp, ground
- raisins - 100g
- water - 240g
- self raising flour - 270g (*can use GF)
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Add the butter (30g), sugar (100g), cinnamon (2 tsp), raisins (100g) and water (240g) to the bowl. Program 10 minutes / 100C / Stirring Speed.
- Allow to cool to about 70-80C, leaving the lid off to speed up the process.
- Add the self raising flour (270g) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 4 / 10 seconds.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing.
*Water is considered a staple and is not counted in the 5 ingredients.
Want to add something extra?
- Add a handful of walnuts in Step 4.