No Egg Budget Cake
It really doesn’t get easier or more budget friendly than this. What a great last minute cake you can whip up with a handful of ingredients when someone is popping over unannounced. Better yet? It is egg free, thus saving money. At only 12c a slice, it's incredibly cost effective!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Moist, tasty, coconutty, and with just the right amount of sweetness! I love a quick egg free cake...brilliant for an after school treat. With our large family I love treats that don't break the bank." - Janine
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 2 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Makes 8-10 slices
Can be frozen
- caster sugar - 110g, or sweetener of choice
- self raising flour - 180g
- desiccated coconut - 50g
- milk - 260g
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract or essence
- fruit juice - to glaze, optional
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line a medium loaf tin with baking paper.
- If you need to make your own caster sugar, add sugar (110g) and grind Speed 9 / 3 seconds.
- Place caster sugar (110g), self raising flour (180g), coconut (50g), milk (260g) and vanilla (1 tsp) into the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 10 seconds. Note that the batter is quite wet.
- Pour batter into loaf tin.
- If you wish, glaze the top with a little bit of fruit juice.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cool on a wire cooling rack and then slice.