No Dairy Choc Nut Ice Cream
This blended ice cream has such a lovely creamy consistency with the added crunchy texture from the nuts that you won't believe it is made without dairy. With a great mix of 'super food' ingredients, it is a much more nutritious option than store bought ice cream!
Oh what a WIN it was to discover that our beloved Thermomix could also make ice cream! Dairy free ice cream that actually tastes like ice cream!!!
You can hear us talking about this recipe in Episode 4 of The 4 Blades podcast.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Variations: Can be made without Nuts
Preparation Time 2 minutes
Best served immediately. Can be frozen.
- chia seeds - 1 tsp
- xylitol - 25g, or your preferred granulated sweetener
- cacao powder - 15g
- coconut milk - 100g, frozen into ice cubes
- avocado - 25g, diced
- hazelnuts - 25g, or your preferred variety of nuts
- Add chia seeds (1tsp) and xylitol (25g) to the bowl. Mill Speed 10 / 45 Seconds.
- Add cacao (15g) and frozen coconut milk (100g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 10 / 20 Seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add avocado (25g) to the bowl. Combine Speed 8 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add hazelnuts (25g). Mix Speed 6 / 10 Seconds. This will leave you with nice chunks of nuts to enjoy. If you prefer your nuts ground finer, mix Speed 8 / 15 seconds.