No Bake Salted Orange Chocolate Tarts
This special sweet treat for two takes only minutes to prepare. After leaving it in the fridge to set, you will return to a magnificent looking dessert that makes an amazing end to the meal for the sweet tooth in your life. To offset the sweetness a little, you could consider serving these with double cream or mascarpone.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Sinfully rich. An easy everyday treat, but also a special occasion dessert." - Erika
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 5 minutes + 4 hours chilling time
Cooking Time 8 minutes
Can be frozen
You will need:
2 small tart cases, 10-12cm diameter
- Tart shell:
- biscuits of choice - 100g, plain chocolate, (e.g., Arnott's Chocolate Ripple™)
- butter - 50g, cubed, plus extra for greasing
- cream - 100g, pure
- chocolate - 100g
- orange - 1/2, large, zest only
- salt flakes - 1/2 tsp
- orange - zest curls, to garnish
- Lightly grease two small tart cases with butter.
- Add the chocolate biscuits (100g) and cubed butter (50g) into the bowl. Blitz Speed 7 / 10 seconds.
- Divide the crumbs between both tart tins and compress on the base and up the sides to form a shell. Place them into the fridge to set whilst preparing the filling.
- Add the pure cream (100g), chocolate (100g), orange zest (from 1/2 orange) and salt flakes (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Program 8 minutes / 80C / Speed 2.
- Pour the filling into each shell.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Top with orange zest curls before serving.