No-Bake Hedgehog Slice
This mouth watering hedgehog slice has been shared with us by Lucy from Bake Play Smile. You know how sometimes you really feel like a mega chocolate hit, and then other times you want something fruity? Well with this slice you don't even have to choose! It has just the right combination of chocolate, fruit and biscuits. Basically, it's really, really good.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This was a yummy simple recipe, a tick from the kids!" - Liv
No: Nuts / Egg
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Can be frozen
- biscuits of choice - 250g packet, plain sweets (*can use GF varieties)
- chocolate - 130g, dark, roughly chopped
- butter - 130g, chopped into cubes
- sultanas - 135g
- condensed milk - 150g, sweetened
- chocolate - 250g, milk
- Place the biscuits (250g) into the bowl. Closed Lid / Turbo / 5 x 0.5 second blasts. If there are any really big chunks remaining, break them up manually and set them aside in a small bowl.
- Add dark chocolate (130g) to the thermo mixer bowl. Chop Closed Lid / Turbo / 5 x 0.5 second blasts.
- Add the chopped butter (130g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 50C / Speed 2, to melt. Scrape down sides occasionally.
- Add the sultanas (135g) and condensed milk (150g) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 2 / 20 seconds.
- Add crushed biscuits to the bowl. Program 1 minute / Reverse+Stirring Speed, or until well combined.
- Place the mixture into the prepared tin, spread evenly and press down firmly.
- Pop into the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Add the milk chocolate (250g) to the bowl. Grate Closed Lid / Turbo / 5 seconds.
- Melt the milk chocolate. Program 5 minutes / 50C / Speed 2. Continue if your chocolate hasn't completely melted.
- Pour melted chocolate evenly over the slice.
- Place back into the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Take the slice out of the fridge and cut into slices. To avoid the surface cracking, cut once the slice has been out of the fridge for about 20 minutes.
Note: Following these instructions will lead to a yummy Hedgehog Slice with a plain top. If you love the look of the top of Lucy's slice, you can read an article about it here.