No Bake Gingerbread Balls
These are tasty little morsels that are perfect to whip up for Chirstmas nibbles or a school holidays snack. They are quick and easy to prepare which makes them perfect for the kiddies to make. Why not cut circles from some Christmas-themed material and fasten around the lid of the jar, thread a tag labelled ‘Gingerbread Balls’ through some ribbon and tie around the jar for a quaint Christmas gift! Be sure to write the recipe on a giftcard too!
No: Dairy / Egg
Contains: Gluten / Nuts
*Variations: Can be made without Nuts
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes
Makes 20 balls or 40 mini balls
Can be frozen
- cashew nuts - 100g (*or roasted pepitas for NF version)
- oats - 100g, rolled
- dates - 100g, dried, pitted
- maple syrup - 50g
- mixed spice - 2 tsp
- ginger - 1/2 tsp, ground
- coconut oil - 10g
- vanilla bean paste - 1 tsp
- Place cashews (100g), rolled oats (100g), dates (100g), maple syrup (50g), mixed spice (2 tsp), ground ginger (1/2 tsp), coconut oil (10g) and vanilla bean paste (1 tsp) into bowl. Speed 10 / 30 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Process Speed 10 / 15 seconds.
- Scoop mixture out onto a plate using a spatula. Roll mixture into small bite-size balls. Place balls into an airtight jar and store in the fridge.