Nectarine and Chicken Kebabs
Nectarines and chicken may seem like an odd combo, but this recipe proves otherwise. Grilling nectarines on the BBQ gives them a smokey caramelised flavour. If nectarines are not in season, you may wish to use tinned nectarines for the marinade, and use some other seasonal fruit or vegetables on the kebab itself.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "An easy marinade that has a delicious flavour with a nice amount of chilli bite at the end." - Heidi
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes + 1 hour marinating time
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Can be frozen
- chicken thigh - 600g, cubed
- nectarines - 4, stone removed and cubed
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- chilli - 1, seeds removed
- nectarines - 5, stone removed
- honey - 40g
- soy sauce - 60g (*ensure GF if required)
- malt vinegar - 10g
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, black, ground
- Place the garlic cloves (2) and chilli (1) into the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the nectarines (5), honey (40g), soy sauce (60g), vinegar (10g) and pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 9 / 10 seconds.
- Program 20 minutes / 100C / Speed 2. Allow to cool.
- Place the marinade, chicken (600g) and cubed nectarines (4) into a bowl and marinate for 1 hour.
- Thread the chicken and nectarine cubes onto 12 skewers.
- Fire up the BBQ. Grill the kebabs on the BBQ until cooked through and caramelised.
- Serve with a side salad.