Mustard Pork Chops with Apple Sauce
Mustard, pork and apple team up so well. Apple sauce is a great way to use up apples that might not be best for eating as is. Make a double batch and freeze the leftovers so you can have delicious homemade apple sauce all year round.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Love this homemade apple sauce, much better for you than the supermarket ones. Would go well with pork chops or roast pork." - Jodie
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Sauce can be frozen
- oil - 2 Tbsp
- mustard - 1 tsp, Dijon
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp
- pork chops - 4
- Apple sauce:
- apple - 5, green, peeled, cored and cubed
- onion - 1/2, large, red, peeled and diced
- lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- water - 125g
- brown sugar - 60g
- cinnamon - 1 tsp, ground
- Place the apples (5), red onion (1/2), lemon juice (1 Tbsp), water (125g), brown sugar (60g) and cinnamon (1 tsp) into the bowl. Program 20 minutes / 100C / Speed 2, measuring cap on.
- Gradually increase speed to Speed 8 / 10 seconds, measuring cap on.
- To a small bowl, add the oil (2 Tbsp), mustard (1 tsp), salt (1/2 tsp) and pepper (1/2 tsp). Mix to combine.
- Brush each pork chop (4) with the mixture.
- Fire up the BBQ and grill the pork chops for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked.
- Serve with apple sauce.