This classic Italian dish is creamy, light and will keep you satisfied. Serve with a chilled glass of white wine. You can also add some rocket salad on the side to get a bit of crunch.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Super easy, quick and tasty. Blitzing a bulk of the mushrooms is a great idea for any non-mushroom fans!" - Christina
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 25 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- Parmesan cheese - 60g, in small chunks
- fresh parsley - 10g
- onion - 1, peeled and halved
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- olive oil - 20g
- mushrooms - 400g, brown
- white wine - 200g, dry
- arborio rice - 250g
- vegetable stock - 1, cube
- water - 450g
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - pinch, black, ground
- butter - 20g
- Place the Parmesan cheese (60g) and parsley (10g) in the bowl. Blitz Speed 10 / 10 seconds. Put in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- Put the onion (1), garlic clove (1), olive oil (20g) and mushrooms (300g only) in the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Program 3 minutes / 120C* / Speed 1.
- Meanwhile, chop the remaining mushrooms (100g) in slices. Add to the bowl along with the wine (200g) and rice (250g). Program 2 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Add the stock cube (1), water (450g), salt (1/2 tsp) and ground black pepper (pinch). Program 16 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Add the Parmesan cheese from Step 1 and butter (20g) and stir with the spatula until combined. Put the lid back on and let the risotto sit for 5 minutes. Serve hot.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.