Making your own ravioli is such a fun thing to do, and it's way easier than you might think. This is a super impressive start to any dinner party and will be devoured by your guests. They will be so impressed with how clever you are!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "It's amazing what a little work and a few simple ingredients can make! If you haven't made ravioli before, now is the time to start. This easy recipe does take a little time, but it will certainly impress any dinner guest." - Shannah
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Total Preparation Time 2 hours + overnight cooling time
Can be frozen
- mushrooms - 20g, dried porcini
- water - boiling
- spring onions - 2, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- butter - 30g
- mushrooms - 150, brown, sliced
- Pasta (*for GF scroll to the bottom of the page):
- '00' flour - 400g, plus extra for dusting
- eggs - 4, large
- olive oil - 2 tsp
- salt - pinch
- water - 500g, hot
- olive oil
- Parmesan cheese - shaved, to serve
- Place porcini mushrooms (20g) into a bowl. Cover with boiling water and allow to soak for 30 minutes.
- Add spring onions (2) and garlic cloves (2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add butter (30g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed
2. Scrape down sides.
- Add the drained porcini mushrooms, brown mushrooms (150g) and pepper (1 tsp) to the bowl. Program 12 minutes / 90C / Speed 2.
- Pour mixture out into a bowl, cover and allow to cool completely in the fridge overnight.
- Place '00' flour (400g) into the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 10 seconds to aerate.
- Add eggs (4), oil (2 tsp) and salt (pinch) to the bowl. Program 2 minutes / Closed Lid / Kneading Function.
- A small pebble-like dough will form. Press a small handful together to see if it comes together. If it's too dry, add a little extra oil and knead to combine.
- Pour the mixture out onto a clean bench and knead to form a smooth, solid ball. If the dough is sticky, dust with some extra flour and knead it in. You want a nice, soft, smooth dough.
- Allow it to rest for 30-60 minutes before rolling.
- When ready to make the ravioli, separate the pasta dough (1 batch) into four pieces and roll it out into paper thin sheets. You can use a pasta machine if you have one. Cut each sheet into 4 medium squares. You will be serving 2 ravioli per person.
- Add a heaped teaspoon of filling into the middle of 8 of the squares. Place another square of pasta on top of each and press along the edges with a fork to secure.
- Place the ravioli in the lightly oiled steaming attachment. You can use the upper tray and the lower dish simultaneously. We recommend placing 3 on the bottom dish and 5 on the top.
- Add hot water (500g) to the bowl. Set the steaming attachment in place. Program 30 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Remove and serve drizzled with a little olive oil and shaved Parmesan cheese.