This mushroom pasta is a winner dinner if you only have your mixer on hand. You can create the whole meal in your mixer – no stove necessary! Leftovers? Simply reheat the next day for a great lunch or snack. If you also have a stove, you can use it to cook up the pasta for an even faster meal.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "An easy, tasty meal that is good not only for travelling but also to have as part of a repertoire of simple, yummy no-meat meals. 'A lot of green,’ said DH suspiciously, but soon after he said, ‘This is good!’" - Sue
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Can be frozen
- fresh parsley - 20g, flat leaf
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- onion - 1, peeled and halved
- olive oil - 20g
- mushrooms - 200g, brown, sliced
- water - 1.2L
- pasta - 300g, dried (*use GF if required)
- cream - 100g, pure
- vegetable stock - 20g, paste, or 1 tsp salt
- Parmesan cheese - 50g, grated, to serve
- pepper - cracked, black, to serve
Note: If you prefer to cook your pasta on the stove (recommended for gluten free pasta), simply cook the pasta according to packet instructions and skip Step 6 and Step 7.
- If you need to grate your own cheese, add Parmesan cheese (50g) and grate Speed 8 / 10 seconds. Set aside.
- Place the parsley (20g) in the bowl. Blitz Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Transfer 1 tsp of the chopped parsley into a small bowl and set aside. Leave the remaining parsley in the bowl.
- Add the garlic cloves (2) and onion (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 5 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the oil (20g). Program 5 minutes / 120C* / Speed 1.
- Meanwhile, slice the mushrooms (200g) and add to the bowl. Program 12 minutes / 100C / Reverse+Stirring Speed. Transfer the mushrooms into a small bowl and set aside, covered with aluminium foil.
- If you wish to cook the pasta in your mixer, follow Step 6 and 7. If cooking your pasta on the stove, add pasta to the bowl and follow on from Step 8. Add the water (1.2L) to the bowl. Program 10 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add the pasta (300g) and cook According to packet instructions / 100C / Reverse+Speed 1. Drain away any excess liquid and return the pasta to the bowl.
- To the pasta in the bowl, add the mushroom mixture, cream (100g) and stock paste (20g). Combine Reverse+Speed 2 / 20 seconds.
- Serve immediately, scattered with the reserved parsley, Parmesan cheese (50g) and pepper.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.