Mushroom Finishing Sauce
This sauce is a lovely addition to steak and chips, but it's also delicious with chicken. It's a fantastic way to make the most of a handful of button mushrooms you may have in the vegetable crisper. For the best tasting sauce, use your favourite good quality stock.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “I thought that this would need cream added, but I resisted. I'm glad I did – it didn't need it!" - Wendy
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 19 minutes
Can be frozen
You will need:
- steak of choice - grilled, cooked to your liking
- potato chips - thick cut, cooked
- Mushroom finishing sauce:
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- onion - 1/2, brown, peeled and halved
- mushrooms - 100g, baby button, quartered
- butter - 30g
- beef stock - 200g, good quality, liquid
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - 1 tsp, cracked black
- cornflour - 1 Tbsp, (*ensure GF if required)
- water - 40g, hot
- fresh parsley - 1 Tbsp, chopped
- Add the peeled garlic clove (1) and peeled onion (1/2) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the quartered button mushrooms (100g) and butter (30g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 110C* / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Add the liquid beef stock (200g), salt (1/2 tsp) and pepper (1 tsp) to the bowl. Program 8 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Combine the cornflour (1 Tbsp) and hot water (40g) in a small bowl. Add this to the mixer bowl. Program 6 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Stirring Speed.
- Pour the sauce over steaks, garnish with chopped parsley (1 Tbsp) and serve with thick cut potato chips.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.