Multiseed Bread Rolls
For a great start to the day, try these healthy multiseed rolls. They have been shared with us by Sophia Handschuh, the Thermomix Baking Blogger, from her new book Homebaked. They are the perfect size for a packed lunch and filled with lots of nutritious seeds. Top the rolls with fresh cucumber, cream cheese and smoked salmon for a deliciously filling and flavorsome lunch. Add some avocado and you are supercharged for success. Check out the bottom of the recipe for handy freezer tips.
No: Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 2 hours
Cooking Time 15-17 minutes
Can be frozen
- spelt - 200g, whole grains
- yeast - 1 Tbsp, dry active
- water - 250g, lukewarm
- honey - 1 tsp
- bakers flour - 300g, plus extra for dusting
- olive oil - 50g
- linseeds - 60g, whole, or flaxseeds
- sunflower kernels - 250g
- chia seeds - 20g
- salt - 1.5 tsp
- ice cubes - 3
- Place the spelt grains (200g) in the bowl. Grind Speed 10 / 40 seconds. Set aside in a bowl.
- Add yeast (1 Tbsp), water (250g) and honey (1 tsp) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 37C / Speed 2.
- Add the reserved grain, bakers flour (300g), oil (50g), linseeds (60g), sunflower seeds (20g), chia seeds (20g) and salt (1.5 tsp) to the bowl. Program 3 minutes / Closed Lid / Kneading Function.
- Transfer mixture to a lightly oiled mixing bowl and leave to rise for 1-2 hours, or until doubled in size.
- Tip onto a floured surface and cut into 8 equal sized pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and place onto a large rectangular baking tray lined with baking paper. Brush each roll with water.
- Score them like a cross with a knife and cover with a tea towel. Leave to rise for another 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Place the ice cubes (3) and the rolls (without the tea towel) in the oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 220C, then turn down the heat to 200C and bake for a further 5-7 minutes until golden brown.
- Transfer onto a wire cooling rack and leave to cool entirely
- You can freeze the rolls after Step 6 and bake from frozen for 15 minutes at 200C.