Mulled wine is a German tradition during Christmas and a "must" for your White Christmas Dinner. There are so many possibilities to spice it up and create some lovely variations. Try adding a little amaretto or some dried cranberries and raisins. You can even enrich it with Baileys® Irish cream or a dark rum. For an alcohol-free version, simply use grape juice and the kids can join in with the fun.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "If you have always wondered about mulled wine, give this a go! Warm, spicy and something different! It's also really quick to whip up when friends drop over." - Lauren
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 13 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- sugar - 250g
- water - 250g
- lemon - 1, juice only
- cinnamon - 1/2 tsp, ground
- cloves - 4
- red wine - 1L
- orange - 1, cut in thick slices
- Place the sugar (250g), water (250g), lemon juice (from 1 lemon), cinnamon (1/2 tsp) and cloves (4) in the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 100C / Speed 1.
- Add the wine (1L) to the bowl. Program 8 minutes / 80C / Speed 1.
- Serve the red wine with a slice of orange while still hot.