Moroccan Seed Crackers
Quick, easy and healthy. What more could you want? How about a delicious Moroccan-style taste! These seed crackers have been shared with us by Bianca Slade from Wholefood Simply. They have a great taste and texture... try them next time you are thinking about buying a gourmet gluten free cracker!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "The trick to this recipe is to roll your crackers out as thinly as possible to maximise the crunch. Eat as is or serve with a dip, perfect for that stretch between lunch and dinner!" - Claire K.
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20-30 minutes
Makes 50 crackers
Can be frozen
- chia seeds - 85g
- linseeds - 80g
- sunflower kernels - 65g
- pepitas - 70g
- paprika - 2 tsp
- cumin - 1 tsp
- garlic granules - 1 tsp
- salt flakes - 2 tsp, plus extra for dusting
- water - 250g
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Add chia seeds (85g), linseeds (80g), sunflower kernels (65g), pepitas (70g), paprika (2 tsp), cumin (1 tsp), garlic granules (1 tsp) and salt flakes (2 tsp) to the bowl. Pulse Closed Lid / Turbo / 1 second. Scrape down sides.
- Weigh out water (250g) into a jug. Program 1:30 minutes / Speed 2. Slowly pour water through lid and allow to mix. Scrape down sides.
- Process again Speed 2 / 5 seconds.
- Transfer half the mixture onto the baking paper on each baking tray.
- Transfer the baking paper to a table or bench, place a second piece of paper on top of the mixture and roll out thinly and evenly.
- Return to the baking tray, remove the top piece of baking paper and sprinkle with salt flakes before baking for 20-30 minutes. You may needto change the position of the trays to ensure they bake evenly. Allow tocool before cutting into pieces.