Moroccan Pumpkin Soup
This tasty classic soup with a twist has been shared with us by Jemma Gray from The Healthy Journey. It is smooth, flavoursome and full of nutrients, including a little extra protein from the addition of chickpeas.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Delish! The little ‘un (1.5 yrs old) couldn’t get enough!" - Jeroen
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 21 minutes
Can be frozen
- onion - 1, brown, peeled and chopped in half
- ginger - 2cm piece, peeled
- chilli - 1, red, optional
- coconut oil - 20g, or olive oil
- pumpkin - 1kg, deseeded, peeled and roughly chopped
- cumin - 2 tsp, ground
- dried coriander - 2 tsp, ground, seeds
- maple syrup - 20g
- water - 1L
- vegetable stock - 30g, paste
- chickpeas - 400g tin, drained
- coconut cream - 200g, cream or yoghurt (*use coconut cream for DF)
- Place the onion (1), ginger (2cm piece) and chilli (1) into the bowl. Blitz Speed 7 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add oil (20g) to the bowl. Program 3 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Add the pumpkin (1kg). Blitz Speed 6 / 5 seconds.
- Add the cumin (2 tsp), coriander seeds (2 tsp), maple syrup (20g), water (1L), stock paste (30g) and drained chickpeas (from a 400g tin) to the bowl. Program 17 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Add the coconut cream (200g). Program 1 minute / Speed 5, gradually increasing to Speed 9.
- Serve garnished with some fresh coriander and seeds.