Moroccan Inspired Quinoa Salad
This recipe has been created by Amy Smith of Cooks in Your Kitchen, a beautiful thermo mixer-friendly cooking school in Adelaide. This dish goes beautifully with grilled chicken marinated in Moroccan spice mix and olive oil. For a vegetarian option, you could pair it with chopped boiled eggs or fetta. Of course, it’s also lovely by itself!
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5-10 minutes
Cooking Time 17 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- water - 1L
- quinoa - 200g
- dried coriander - 1.5 tsp, ground
- cumin - 1.5 tsp, ground
- cinnamon - 1.5 tsp, ground
- sweet potato - 600-800g, or pumpkin, peeled and cut into 1-2cm cubes
- chickpeas - 400g tin, rinsed and drained
- figs - 120g, dried, stems removed, sliced / chopped into small pieces
- cranberries - 100g, dried
- fresh coriander - 1 bunch, leaves chopped roughly
- fresh mint - few sprigs, leaves chopped roughly
- lemon - 2 quarters, preserved skin, rinse and finely sliced
- olive oil - a generous glug, as required to taste
- lemon - 1 large, juice only
- baby spinach - 100g, leaves
- Place water (1L) into the bowl then place internal steaming basket inside the bowl.
- Weigh quinoa (200g) into the internal steaming basket and rinse thoroughly.
- Add the ground coriander (1.5 tsp), cumin (1.5 tsp) and cinnamon (1.5 tsp) to the quinoa. Close the lid and set the steaming attachment in place.
- Place the diced pumpkin / sweet potato in the steaming attachment lower dish and cook for 17 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Once cooked, place the quinoa, pumpkin, chickpeas (400g), dried figs (120g), craisins (100g), mint (3), fresh coriander (1 bunch), preserved lemon (2 quarters), lemon juice (1) and olive oil into a large mixing bowl.
- Stir gently to combine all the ingredients then serve on a bed of baby spinach.
Optional: Add a little finely sliced red onion and stir through with other ingredients.
Already a member? Click here to login.Add to Favourites