Moroccan Inspired Chicken and Vegetables
A delicious new way to cook a "roast" chicken! If you haven't steamed a whole chicken in your machine, you should really try. Be prepared for the most tender and moist chicken you will ever cook. Teamed up with vegetables, it is the perfect dinner for cooler nights.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Oh my goodness, this chicken is so moist and full of flavour! We finished it off by crisping the skin in the oven. Another perfect weekend roast." - Sharree
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes + at least 30 minutes marinating time
Cooking Time 1 hour 15 minutes
Can be frozen
- whole chicken - 1.5kg
- lemon - 2, cut into 4 thick slices each
- chicken stock - 1L, liquid, or water
- vegetables of choice - for steaming (e.g., carrots, broccoli and beans)
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- lemon - 4 strips of peel
- dried coriander - 1 tsp, ground
- cumin - 1 tsp, ground
- turmeric - 1 tsp, ground
- salt - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp, cracked black
- olive oil - 30g
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (2), lemon peel (4 strips), ground coriander (1 tsp), ground cumin (1 tsp), ground turmeric (1 tsp), salt (1 tsp), cracked black pepper (1/2 tsp) and olive oil (30g) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 8 seconds.
- Rub the marinade all over the whole chicken (1.5kg). Cover and place into the fridge to marinate for 30 minutes, or overnight if time allows.
- Add the lemon slices (from 2 lemons) into the steaming attachment lower dish and set it into place.
- Pour the liquid stock (1L) over the lemons and into the mixer bowl.
- Place the whole chicken onto the lemons in the steaming attachment lower dish. Program 60 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Preheat the oven to 200C after about 45 minutes of cooking. Transfer chicken to a roasting pan and place into the oven to crisp for the last 15 minutes.
- Add vegetables of choice to the steaming attachment. Program 10 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Serve chicken alongside vegetables.