Moroccan Carrot Salad
Salads are generally a budget friendly option, but this one takes the cake. Carrots are perfect for salads due to their crunch and sweetness. Combine some carrots with spices and you have a great salad in 10 minutes. Easy, quick and budget friendly. Everything we love in a recipe.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This was divine! This carrot salad was jam packed with flavour, wowzers! Will definitely be on the repeat 'offender' meal rotation list!" - Claire K.
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- garlic clove - 1, small, peeled
- fresh coriander - 2 handful
- lemon - 1, peel, strip
- lemon - 1/2, juice only, approx. 20g
- olive oil - 60g
- paprika - 2 tsp
- cumin - 1 tsp, ground
- cinnamon - 1/2 tsp, ground
- salt flakes - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1/4 tsp, ground
- carrots - 5, large, cut into chunks
- Place garlic clove (1), coriander (2 handfuls) and lemon peel (1 strip) into bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon), oil (60g), paprika (2 tsp), cumin (1 tsp), cinnamon (1/2 tsp), salt (1 tsp) and pepper (1/4 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Add carrots (5) to the bowl. Chop Speed 4 / 6 seconds. Check the consistency of the salad. If necessary, continue on Speed 4 until desired consistency has been reached.
- Serve immediately.