Moroccan Beef Meatballs
A great meatball to enjoy as is or in a wrap along with salad veggies of choice. We love these served alongside pita bread and fresh tzatziki sauce.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “These meatballs were delicious. They could be used as an on the go snack, in wraps, in a salad or served as a main meal with rice or pasta and sauce." - Sharree
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Egg
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Makes 20 small meatballs
Can be frozen
- garlic powder - 1 tsp
- dried onion flakes - 2 Tbsp
- cumin - 1 tsp, ground
- allspice - 1 tsp
- paprika - 1 tsp
- salt - 1 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp
- fresh parsley - 3 Tbsp
- fresh coriander - 3 Tbsp
- beef mince - 500g
- egg - 1, optional, *omit for EF
- bread - 1 piece, soaked in water and squeezed, optional (*can omit or use GF)
- oil - for frying
- tzatziki sauce - to serve, optional* (*omit for DF)
- bread - pita, to serve, optional* (*omit for GF)
- Add the garlic powder (1 tsp), onion flakes (2 Tbsp), ground cumin (1 tsp), allspice (1 tsp), paprika (1 tsp), salt (1 tsp), pepper (1/2 tsp), fresh parsley (3 Tbsp), fresh coriander (3 Tbsp), beef mince (500g), egg (1, if using) and soaked bread (1 piece, if using) to the bowl. Blitz Speed 9 / 10 seconds. Scrape down sides. Repeat if not completely combined.
- Remove the mixture from the bowl and roll into 20 meatballs.
- Place oil into a large frying pan over medium to high heat.
- Cook for 6 minutes on each side, then a further 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool before placing into the lunchbox or containers.
- Note: You may prefer to oven bake these delicious meatballs. Simply preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking paper. Bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked through.Make your own!* Make your own tzatziki sauce with the Trio of Dips with Veggie Sticks recipe from The Packed Lunch Issue.* Make your own pita bread with the Pita Breads recipe from The Celebrations Issue.