Mock Smoked Salmon Dip
This recipe has been shared with us by Stacey Benn.
"My family has a smoked salmon dip that is a complete showstopper at parties. However, without my dad's home smoked salmon and my mother's recipe, I was unsure what to do. I've created this recipe that tastes just as good in my opinion, and as it uses tinned salmon, it doesn't break the bank." - Stacey
Recipe Tester Feedback: "A great addition to my repertoire of dips. Very quick and easy to make. I have all the ingredients in the fridge and pantry, so I could easily make it if unexpected guests drop in." - Bec B
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Total Preparation Time 10 minutes
Makes enough to serve a crowd
Cannot be frozen
- shallots - 15g, red, peeled
- celery - 10g, thinly sliced
- cream cheese - 250g
- salmon - 200g tin, larger bones removed
- garlic salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - 1/8 tsp, ground black
- paprika - 3 shakes, smoked
- capers - 15g
- crackers - to serve (see Note)
- Add the shallot (15g) and celery (10g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Repeat Speed 5 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the cream cheese (250g), salmon (200g tin), garlic salt (1/2 tsp), pepper (1/8 tsp), paprika (3 shakes) and capers (15g) to the bowl. Blend Reverse+Speed 4 / 10 seconds. Check if the mixture is well combined, and repeat if necessary.
- Serve with crackers.
Note: We have so many crackers you can choose from if you want to make your own! Try one from this list...
- The Tea Party Issue - Olive Oil Crackers or Rosemary Crackers
- The Lunchbox Issue - Seeded Crackers (GF)
- The Picnic Issue - Lavosh Yeast Free Crackers, Fig and Olive Crackers or Cheesy Flax Crackers (GF)
- The Party Issue - ‘Free From Lots’ Crackers (GF)
- The Easy Issue - Moroccan Seed Crackers (GF)
- The On the Road Issue - Grain Free Crackers (GF)
- The Packed Lunch Issue - Cheesy Crackers or Seeded Polenta Crackers (GF)
- The Snacks Issue - Parmesan Sesame Crackers (GF) or Carrot and Seed Crackers (GF) or Grain Free Cumin Chickpea Crackers (GF)
- The Herb Garden Bonus Issue - Crunchy Thyme Crackers