Mocha Tea Cake
Whipping up a delicious teacake often takes up to an hour but not our Mocha Teacake! You can have this on the table in 35 minutes so this is the perfect recipe to use when unexpected guests pop around with very little notice. It has the delicious flavour combination of chocolate and coffee with a scrumptious crunchy cinnamon topping. This one is sure to become a regular!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This is a quick and easy afternoon tea / supper cake to make, that even those who aren't coffee lovers will also enjoy! It was a great success and simple to create." - Claire
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Total Preparation Time 35 minutes
Can be frozen
- self raising flour - 250g
- sugar - 120g
- butter - 60g, softened
- milk - 230g
- eggs - 2, large
- vanilla - 1 tsp, extract
- coffee - 2 Tbsp, instant powder
- cocoa powder - 40g
- Cinnamon coating:
- sugar - 25g
- cinnamon - 2 tsp, ground
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place flour (250g), sugar (120g), butter (60g), oil (60g), milk (230g), eggs (2) and vanilla (1 tsp) into bowl. Speed 4 until just combined.
- Pour half of the mixture into the flan form.
- Place bowl back into machine base. Add coffee powder (2 Tbsp) and cocoa powder (40g) to remaining batter. Speed 4 until combined. Pour into flan form over the vanilla batter.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar (25g) and cinnamon (2 tsp). Mix to combine and then sprinkle over the cake batter.
- Place into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until cooked through.