This delicious alcoholic beverage that was shared with us by Tenina Holder from Cooking with Tenina is sure to be a hit at your next BBQ! Use it like a cordial – add 1/4 lemonade to 3/4 sparkling water and ice, or to taste.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A refreshing drink that had good lemony and mint flavours." - Heidi
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 15 minutes + 2 days fermenting time
Cooking Time 10 minutes
Makes approx. 2L
Can be frozen
You will need:
sterilised glass jars
- lemon - 5-6 large, peel and juice only
- sugar - 300g
- fresh mint - handful, leaves
- water - 2L
- yeast - 1 tsp, dry
- Serving suggestions:
- soda water
- ice cubes
- fresh mint - leaves, to garnish
- strawberries - sliced, to garnish
- Add the lemon peel in long strips (from 5-6 lemons), sugar (300g), mint leaves (handful) and water (2L) to the bowl. Make sure you do not go above the maximum fill line on your machine when adding the water. Program 10 minutes / 100C / Speed 2.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely. Once completely cool, add the lemon juice (from 5-6 lemons) and dry yeast (1 tsp) to the bowl. Mix Speed 2 / 10 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into sterilised glass jars, removing all peel and mint leaves.
- Seal the jars and leave out at room temperature for around 2 days, until bubbles start to appear.
- Enjoy this adults only drink!