Mini Stuffed Mushrooms
These mini stuffed mushrooms make a delicious vegetarian option for your New Year's Eve party. Vary the herbs used in this recipe for a different flavour twist. The filling is very forgiving. Add additional flavours you like.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Fresh yummy bursts of flavour in each bite. A great way to the start off any party. Super easy to make." - Megs
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 15-18 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- mushrooms - 1kg, button, small
- bread - 4 slices, day old, (*can use GF)
- Parmesan cheese - 100g, cubed
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- fresh basil - 20g, or herbs
- egg - 1
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Gently wipe the outsides of the mushrooms (1kg) with a damp cloth to remove any grit. Gently break off the stalks and set aside. We will use these shortly.
- Place bread (4 slices), Parmesan cheese (100g), garlic cloves (2) and basil (20g) into the bowl. Mix Speed 8 / 7 seconds. Set aside.
- Add the set aside mushroom stalks to the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the breadcrumb mixture back into bowl. Add the egg (1) and season well with salt and pepper. Mix on Speed 6 until combined.
- Place a heaped teaspoon of mixture on top of each mushroom cap and place onto the baking tray. Drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until the topping starts to turn golden and the mushroom has slightly softened.
- Serve immediately.