Mini Raisin, Walnut and Banana Loaves
These gorgeous little loaves have been shared with us by Sam Colden from The Annoyed Thyroid. They make a great little dessert served with a scoop of ice cream or a drizzle of cream, or serve them warm for afternoon tea with friends. Sometimes the simplest things are the tastiest!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "These were amazing! They would turn your next morning tea into a fancy morning tea." -Kirsty
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 20-25 minutes
Makes 12 mini loaves or 1 regular loaf
Can be frozen
- plain flour - 125g
- self raising flour - 125g, wholemeal
- bicarb soda - 1 tsp
- cinnamon - 1 tsp, ground
- salt - pinch
- butter - 115g, softened and chopped, plus extra for greasing
- brown sugar - 115g
- eggs - 2
- bananas - 400g, ripe (approx. 4 large bananas)
- walnuts - 100g chopped
- sultanas - 100g, or raisins
- Preheat oven to 180C, or 160 fan-forced. Grease and line each hole of an 8 loaf mini loaf tin.
- Place plain flour (125g), wholemeal self raising flour (125g),bicarb soda (1 tsp), cinnamon (1 tsp) and salt (pinch) into the bowl. Combine Speed 5 / 5 seconds. Set aside.
- Place butter (115g) and sugar (115g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 20 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add eggs (2), bananas (400g) and the flour mixture to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 6 / 30 seconds.
- Add walnuts (100g) and sultanas (100g) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 3 / 10 seconds until combined.
- Divide mixture equally between the 8 holes.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. If the loaves are browning too quickly, simply cover the tray loosely with foil.