Mini Mince Meat Pies
You won't believe how tasty these homemade pies are! You can easily make the mince mixture ahead of time and put them together with some store-bought pastry while you are on the road for a super delicious meal. Alternatively, make them at home, freeze and pop in the camp oven for a crispy pastry treat.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Tasted amazing. So easy to make. A quick and easy meal for the whole family." - Kirsty
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Makes 12 pies
Can be frozen
- onion - 1, peeled and halved
- balsamic vinegar - 50g
- mustard - 15g, Dijon
- vegetable stock - 40g, paste
- tomato paste - 10g
- tapioca starch - 2 tsp, or 1 tsp cornstarch
- curry powder - 3 tsp
- water - 220g
- beef mince - 500g
- puff pastry - 3 sheets, make your own with the Iced Puff Pastry recipe in The Easter Subscriber Only Bonus Issue
- shortcrust pastry - 3 sheets
- Add onion (1) to the bowl. Chop Speed 6 / 2 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add vinegar (50g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 110C* / Speed 1, measuring cap off.
- Add mustard (15g), stock paste (40g), tomato paste (10g), tapioca (2 tsp), curry powder (3 tsp) and water (220g) to the bowl.
- Set internal steaming basket in place. Add mince (500g) to the basket. Program 10 minutes / 110C* / Reverse+Speed 2, measuring cap on.
- While cooking, preheat the oven to 220C or start heating the camp oven.
- Using the circular cutters or scissors, cut 12 shortcrust pastry circles with a 10cm diameter and 12 puff pastry circles with an 8 cm diameter.
- Press the shortcrust pastry circles into each hole of a lightly greased muffin tin.
- Use your spatula to rough up the mince. Program 5 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Reverse+Speed 2, measuring cap on.
- Add mince to the gravy that has formed beneath. Combine Reverse+Speed 3 / 7 seconds.
- Spoon a dessertspoon full of meat mixture into each pastry.
- Cover with a circle of puff pastry and gently press the edges together.
- Brush with milk and use a knife to cut a little hole in the top of each pastry.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until pastries are golden.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.