- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
Mini Marbled Puddings
These mini marbled puddings are beautiful desserts that you can serve with ice cream or vanilla sauce. The texture is beautiful and fluffy and steaming them creates evenly shaped delicious little morsels. You can use jars or mini moulds to make these little delights. They taste particularly good when served warm.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "The contrasts of the vanilla with the chocolate was nice. Served with ice cream it was a nice dessert to have for the family." - Gail
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 35 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- caster sugar - 150g
- butter - 180g, plus extra for greasing
- vanilla - 1/2 tsp, extract
- salt - pinch
- eggs - 3
- plain flour - 220g, plus extra for dusting
- baking powder - 1 tsp
- milk - 45g
- cocoa powder - 20g
- water - 1L
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Take 6-8 mini silicone muffin moulds or mini jars, grease with butter and dust with flour.
- If you need to make your own caster sugar, add sugar (150g) and grind Speed 9 / 3 seconds.
- To the caster sugar, add butter (180g), vanilla (1/2 tsp), salt (pinch), eggs (3), flour (220g), baking powder (1 tsp) and milk (45g). Mix Speed 5 / 40 seconds.
- Place half of the batter in the prepared moulds or jars using a small spoon. Keep the remaining batter in the bowl.
- Add cocoa powder (20g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 5 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Mix again Speed 5 / 5 seconds.
- Add the mixture to the mini moulds or jars and using a swirl motion with a small fork, incorporate the chocolate batter.
- Cover the moulds or jars with clingfilm and place on the steaming attachment lower dish and upper tray. Add water (1L) to the bowl and put the steaming attachment on top. Steam 35 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Remove clingfilm and leave to cool. Serve with ice cream or custard.