Mini Lemon & Poppyseed Cheesecakes
These delightful citrus mini cheesecakes are a perfect ending to a special meal. This recipe comes from Alyce Alexandra’s ‘Quick Fix in the Thermomix’ and also comes with an accompanying video which is well worth watching!
No: Gluten / Nuts
Contains: Dairy / Egg
Total Preparation Time Approx. 5 hours 30 minutes
Best served from the refrigerator
- cornflour - 1 Tbsp
- lemon - 1, peel only
- sugar - 100g
- cream cheese - 250g
- ricotta cheese - 250g, fresh
- eggs - 2
- butter - for greasing
- poppy seeds
- water - 500g
- cream - to serve
- berries of choice - fresh, to serve
- lemon - curd, to serve
- Place lemon peel (from 1 lemon) and cornflour (1 Tbsp) into bowl. Speed 9 / 15 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add sugar (100g) to the bowl. Grind Speed 8 / 4 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add cream cheese (250g), ricotta cheese (250g) and eggs (2) to the bowl. Blend Speed 4 / 10 seconds.
- Warm mixture 3 minutes / 70C / Speed 3.
- Scrape down sides and blend Speed 4 / 10 seconds.
- Grease dariole moulds liberally with butter. Add enough poppy seeds to coat the bottom and sides, tipping out excess.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture evenly into the moulds, up to 1cm from the top.
- Assemble cheesecakes in the steaming attachment lower dish, covering with a double layer of paper towel.
- Place 500g water into bowl. Cook for 20 minutes / Steaming Temperature / Speed 2.
- Once cooked, allow cheesecakes to stand for 30 minutes.
- Once slightly cooled, remove the cheesecakes by turning upside down and gently tapping on a board.
- Leave to cool completely before transferring to storage container. Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours before serving.
- To serve, stand cheesecakes on individual serving plates accompanied by lemon curd, cream and fresh berries.