Mini Haloumi and Vegetable Kebabs
We love haloumi! It is creamy and delicious, and when cooked on a BBQ it is out of this world. We have teamed it up with some delicious fresh tomatoes, zucchini and onion for a scrumptious but easy starter that your vegetarian friends will love – we are pretty sure the meat lovers will love it just as much too!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “A vibrant, delicious addition to any BBQ. Too hard to resist such a tasty morsel!" - Joy
No: Gluten / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 10 minutes + 2 hours marinating time
Cooking Time 7 minutes
Cannot be frozen
You will need:
large mixing bowl
- haloumi - 400g, cut into 2cm cubes
- cherry tomatoes - 250g
- zucchini - 2, cut into ribbons
- onion - 1, red, peeled and cut into chunks
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- olive oil - 30g
- lemon juice - 20g
- dried oregano - 1 tsp
- dried thyme - 1 tsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Add the peeled garlic cloves (2), olive oil (30g), lemon juice (20g), dried oregano (1 tsp), dried thyme (1 tsp), salt (1/2 tsp) and pepper (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 5 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the cubed haloumi (400g), cherry tomatoes (250g), zucchini ribbons (from 2 zucchinis), peeled and chopped red onion (1) and marinade to a large mixing bowl. Allow to marinate for 2 hours.
- Skewer the vegetables and haloumi onto mini skewers.
- Fire up the BBQ to a medium to high heat.
- Cook the skewers over the BBQ, turning often, until the vegetables start to soften and the cheese has formed a golden crust.