Mini Gluten Free Quiches
When Lesley from Me and My Thermie asked us to test her new gluten and dairy free pastry we were very excited to give it a try. Not nearly as excited as we were when it turned out to be excellent! We have then taken the genius of that recipe and made it... well, miniature. We think you'll love these delicious little savoury treats - perfect for a tea party!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "The pastry held together well and was nice and crispy. My gluten free husband was impressed!" - Kylie
Preparation Time 40 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Makes 12 mini quiches (with extra dough to spare)
Can be frozen
- Quiche cases:
- brown rice - 110g
- white rice - 100g
- tapioca starch - 30g
- potato starch - 110g
- salt - 1/2-1 tsp, (to taste)
- xanthan gum - 1/2 tsp
- water - 70g
- coconut oil - 10g
- eggs - 2
- zucchini - 80g
- capsicum - 50g, red
- bacon - 1 rasher, cooked
- spring onion - 1
- eggs - 5
- Preheat oven to 200C and grease a muffin tin.
- Add brown rice (110g) and white rice (100g) to the bowl. Program 1 minute / Speed 9.
- Add tapioca starch (30g), potato starch (110g), salt (1/2 tsp), and xanthan gum (1/2 tsp). Mix Speed 6 / 6 seconds. Set flour mix aside in a separate bowl.
- Add water (70g) and coconut oil (10g) to the bowl. Program 2 minutes / 60C / Speed 2.
- Add flour mixture and eggs (2 only) to the bowl. Mix Speed 6 / 5-10 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Mix Closed Lid / Kneading Function / 20 seconds.
- Turn out dough onto a piece of baking paper. Transfer to the fridge for approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and top with another piece of baking paper. Using a rolling pin, roll out to 3-4mm thickness. Remove the top baking paper.
- Using the cookie cutter, cut a piece of dough out and push it into your greased muffin tin to create a case.
- Repeat until all the muffin tin spaces are full.
- Prick the cases with a fork and blind bake for 10 minutes (watch to make sure they do not cook too much!)
- To a clean dry bowl, add zucchini (80g), capsicum (50g), cooked bacon (1) and spring onion (1) to the bowl. Speed 4 / 5 seconds.
- Add eggs (5) to the bowl. Reverse+Speed 4 / 5 seconds.
- Once the cases are ready, spoon filling inside them and bake for 20 minutes.