Mini Egg Free Quiches
We know what you are thinking... how can you have a quiche without egg? We are always on the hunt for ways to create delicious recipes to suit different dietary needs, and this is a great example. Using a combination of tofu, milk and cheese, you will find them a great option for an egg free packed lunch.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This was the first time that I had cooked with (or even eaten!) tofu. I was really surprised how yummy it was and how easy they were to make. Would definitely make these again." - Kirsty
No: Egg / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 50-55 minutes
Can be frozen
- plain flour - 150g
- butter - 80g, cold, plus extra for greasing, unsalted
- water - 50g
- salt - pinch
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered, small
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- tofu - 300g, firm
- milk - 50g
- mozzarella cheese - 100g
- cherry tomatoes - 12, quartered
- fresh basil - 20 leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Lightly grease a 12 hole muffin tin.
- Add the plain flour (150g), butter (80g), water (50g) and salt (pinch) to the bowl. Mix Speed 4 / 15 seconds.
- Transfer the dough to a piece of clingfilm and form into a disc. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Roll out the pastry into a large circle. Cut 12 circles from the pastry.
- Set each circle down into the holes of the muffin tin and prick lightly with a fork.
- Blind bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Add the onion (1) and garlic clove (1) to the bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the tofu (300g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 7 / 3 seconds.
- Add the milk (50g) to the bowl. Mix Speed 8 / 5 seconds.
- Add the cheese (100g), cherry tomatoes (12) and basil leaves (20) to the bowl. Stir by hand with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture into the mini tart shells.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before eating.