Mini Egg and Bacon Pizzas
Now here is a great option that the whole family will enjoy, regardless of what time of day it is! A mini pizza with an egg cracked into the middle and cooked to perfection. This is another great option for making ahead and freezing for an easy lunchbox item or quick dinner.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "This recipe makes a very easy egg and bacon pizza that really could be had for breakfast, lunch or dinner." - Julia
No: Dairy / Nuts
Contains: Gluten / Egg
Preparation Time 15 minutes + 1 hour rising time
Cooking Time 15-20 minutes
Can be frozen before or after cooking
- water - 220g, lukewarm
- olive oil - 20g, plus extra for greasing
- yeast - 1.5 tsp, dry active
- bakers flour - 375g
- salt - pinch
- pizza sauce - (make your own with the Pizza Sauce recipe from The Make Your Own Subscriber Bonus Issue)
- eggs - 8
- bacon - 150g, diced
- spring onion - 1, sliced
- cheese - grated, optional (*omit for DF)
- Add the water (220g), olive oil (20g), yeast (1.5 tsp), bakers flour (375g) and salt (pinch) to the bowl. Program 6 minutes / Closed Lid / Kneading Function.
- Remove the dough and place it into a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with clingfilm and place into a warm spot to rise for approximately an hour or until doubled
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line 2 large rectangular baking trays with baking paper.
- Divide the dough into 8 balls. Roll out each ball into a small circle, about 1.5cm thick. Place the circles on the prepared trays.
- Bunch the sides of each circle up slightly to form a rim.
- Place in the oven for 5 minutes. Once cool enough, bunch the sides up again after the 5 minutes in the oven.
- Spoon a little pizza sauce into the middle of each circle.
- Crack an egg (8 total) inside each circle.
- Top with bacon (150g total), spring onion (1) and grated cheese (
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the egg is cooked to your liking. You may like to keep it a little runny.
- Remove from oven and serve.