Mini Curried Lamb Meatballs
Mini meatballs are great to have on hand for a quick lunchbox filler or a last minute dinner. Keep a batch of these in the freezer. We show you how you can create a delicious meatball, jam packed full of flavour, that uses only 5 ingredients.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "These were really easy and extremely yummy! Great for a quick afternoon snack for the kids. You can have them with a curry sauce, or just a simple dipping sauce. Also great for finger food for a party. Love them!" - Claire
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 5 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Makes 20 meatballs (approx. golf ball sized)
Can be frozen
- onion - 1, peeled and quartered
- garlic cloves - 2, peeled
- raisins - 50g
- curry powder - 3 tsp, good quality (make your own with the Curry Powder recipe from this issue)
- lamb mince - 500g, broke up into chunks
- Place onion (1) and garlic cloves (2) into the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add raisins (50g), curry powder (3 tsp), mince (500g), salt and pepper (to taste) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 4 / 10 seconds.
- Spoon mixture out onto a plate and shape into walnut sized meatballs.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan over medium to high heat. Add meatballs to the pan. You may need to cook these in two or three batches to avoid overcrowding, depending on the size of your pan.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes or until golden on both sides and cooked through.
- Remove meatballs from the pan and drain well on paper towel.
*Salt, pepper and oil are considered staples and are not counted in the 5 ingredients.
Want to add something extra?
- Add 3 Tbsp freshly chopped coriander in Step 1.