Mini Creamed Corn Quiches
These have been a hit with our testing team and we are confident they will be the new go-to savoury snack to share. Really easy – check. Delicious – check. Made from standard, easy-to-source ingredients – check! Give them a try and report back!
Recipe Tester Feedback: “Such a quick but delicious snack. An easy dish to take to a picnic or just for lunchboxes." - Liz
Contains: Gluten / Dairy / Egg
*Variations: Can be made without Gluten / Dairy
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Can be frozen
You will need:
6cm circle cutter
24 hole mini muffin tin
- puff pastry - 3 sheets, frozen, can omit for crustless quiches (*omit for GF / DF)
- onion - 1, peeled and halved
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- fresh chives - 1/2 bunch, chopped
- eggs - 5
- corn - 250g, creamed
- pepper - 1 tsp, cracked, black
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Allow the puff pastry sheets (3) to thaw on the bench.
- Add the peeled and halved onion (1), peeled garlic clove (1) and chopped fresh chives (1/2 bunch) to the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the eggs (5), creamed corn (250g), cracked black pepper (1 tsp) and salt (1/2 tsp) to the bowl. Mix on Speed 4 until combined.
- Cut 24 x 6cm rounds from the puff pastry sheets and place each one into the holes of a 24 hole mini muffin tin.
- Add a little of the filling to each pastry shell, but be sure not to overfill them.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Make your own!
* Make your own puff pastry with the Homemade Puff Pastry recipe from The Baking Issue, the Rough Puff Pastry recipe from The Freezer Issue or the Iced Puff Pastry recipe from The Easter Bonus Issue.