Mini Coconut Roughs
Easy and delicious. Doesn't get much better (or easier!) than this. We love these wrapped up in cellophane with some festive ribbon and a tag!
Recipe Tester Feedback: "I haven't eaten coconut rough in years and these tasted just as I remembered, plus they were so easy to make. The only trouble is that I now need to hide them from the kids, as they kept eating them as I popped them out of the moulds!" - Anita
No: Gluten / Dairy / Egg / Nuts
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 5 minutes
Makes approx. 50 mini chocolates
Can be frozen
- chocolate - 400g, of choice, good quality, broken up into pieces (*can use DF dark chocolate)
- desiccated coconut - 80g, toasted
- If you need to toast your desiccated coconut (80g), heat a frying pan over medium heat, add the coconut and stir continually until lightly browned and fragrant. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Add the chocolate pieces (400g) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 60C / Speed 2.
- Add the toasted desiccated coconut (80g) to the bowl. Mix Reverse+Speed 4 / 6 seconds.
- Spoon the mixture into small silicone moulds of choice.
- Tap the moulds gently against the bench to remove any air bubbles.
- Place the moulds into the fridge to set.
- Once set, remove from the moulds and package for gifting. If you are storing, keep in the fridge.