Mini Chorizo and Egg Frittatas
This is a great little breakfast to make in advance and reheat the next day. They make a delicious lunchbox addition as well. Simply freeze a batch, thawone or two and pop them into the lunchbox.
Recipe Tester Feedback: "Delicious!!! Hubby loved them and so did I! This is a super quick, super tasty recipe that can be used as a delicious base to add all your favourite extras to." - Lauren
No: Gluten / Nuts
Contains: Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
Can be frozen
- onion - 1/2, peeled
- garlic clove - 1, peeled
- chorizo sausages - 1, cubed
- eggs - 8
- cheddar cheese - 70g, grated
- relish - or chutney, to serve (make your own with the Spicy Tomato Chutney or Roast Capsicum Relish recipes from The Classics Issue)
- Preheat oven to 180C. Use a silicone mini muffin tin for best results, or you can use a mini muffin tin with mini paper cases.
- If you need to grate your cheese, add cubed cheese (70g) and grate Speed 6 / 3-5 seconds. Remove from bowl and set aside.
- Place onion (1/2) and garlic clove (1) into the bowl. Chop Speed 7 / 3 seconds. Scrape down sides.
- Add the cubed chorizo (from 1 sausage) to the bowl. Program 5 minutes / 110C* / Reverse+Speed 1.
- Add eggs (8), grated cheese (70g) and salt and pepper to taste. Combine Reverse+Speed 4/ 5 seconds until well combined.
- Pour into muffin tins.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with relish or chutney of choice.
*If your machine does not go above 100C, set to Steaming Temperature which is usually between 110-115C. Please refer to your user manual for correct information for the appropriate setting for your machine.