Mini Chocolate and Raspberry Macaroon Tarts
These tarts are so impressive and so flavoursome. They make for the perfect little gift or sweet treat this St Valentine's Day. Top with whatever berries are in season for a sweet yet tart addition to the flavour of these tarts.
Recipe Tester Feedback: “The taste of the tarts was really lovely. A decadent alternative to Cherry Ripe®, with sweet raspberries instead of cherries." - Christine
No: Gluten / Nuts
Contains: Dairy / Egg
Preparation Time 25 minutes
Cooking Time 15-20 minutes
Cannot be frozen
- Macaroon tart shell:
- butter - for greasing
- egg whites - 3, at room temperature
- desiccated coconut - 250g
- caster sugar - 2 Tbsp, or white sugar
- chocolate - 250g, dark, broken up into small pieces
- cream - 250g, pure
- vanilla bean paste - 1 tsp
- raspberries - 250g, fresh, plus extra to serve (do not use frozen)
- cocoa powder - 2 Tbsp
Macaroon tart shell:
- Preheat the oven to 170C. Grease 8 small tart shells extremely well with butter.
- Add the room temperature egg whites (3), desiccated coconut (250g) and sugar (2 Tbsp) into the bowl. Mix Speed 3 / 6 seconds.
- Divide the mixture between the tart shells and press it around the edges to form a thin crust in each one.
- Place the tart shells onto a baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Clean and dry the mixer bowl.
- Add the dark chocolate pieces (250g), pure cream (250g) and vanilla bean paste (1 tsp) to the bowl. Program 6 minutes / 60C / Speed 2.
- Divide the fresh raspberries (250g) between the tarts.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the top of the tarts.
- Place into the fridge to set for 4 hours.
- Dust with cocoa powder (2 Tbsp) before serving.
- Serve with fresh raspberries on the side.